When our president, Muhammed Buhari was to vacate his sit for a sick leave earlier this year, the letter transmitted to the National Assembly fully complied with the provisions of the constitution both in action and in wording. However, when same president was to leave for same purpose this time around, the wordings of the letter were deliberately and maliciously adjusted to placate the whims of certain malevolent Hawks who are basically bent at truncating this fragile democracy of our country.
It was clear that those behind the wordings of this recent letter were bent at achieving certain subterranean purposes and these are my thoughts.
1. By changing the words "Acting President" to "coordinator of Government activities," The authors who are the shadowy figures running the affairs of government on behalf of the President wanted to continue to hold sway unconstitutionally from the back door.
2. By smuggling those alien words into that letter, the President and his collaborators have indicated that they have no iota of confidence on the person of the Vice President .
3. When a man performs well in a job, he qualifies for promotion rather than demotion. By this diabolical coinage, the president has defied the laws of performance and degraded an effective deputy who performed so excellently previously, and this intention was to pulverize him to a point of insignificance and irrelevance.
4. In the absence of the president, this letter has defied and undermined the position of the Vice President there by creating a yawning vacuum in the Hierarchy, making room for his kitchen cabinet to run the country contrary to the constitution.
5. This letter has exposed the insincerity of this government. It takes dishonesty and abject lack of conscience to cunningly and conspiratorially dodge a very obvious prescription of the constitution and yet pretend to be democrats
6. The implication of this action connotes that every major action of government emanating from this president should be viewed with utmost suspicion
7. Any action that breaches the constitution especially when it is taken deliberately is an impeachable action.
8. The senate remains the most authoritative harbinger of democracy as it stands now. And I must commend them of helping to sustain our democratic practice .
9. But the last has not been heard of this drama yet. The Hawks are still lurking around to torpedo the Vice President from performing his constitutional role. All Nigerians should be vigilant.
10. Based on the above, I hereby submit that those at the Helm of Nigeria has no business leading us.